Thursday, April 12, 2012

Change 4 Change

While reading a book, I came across a quote by James Cash Penney, "Any man who has too much money to pick up change off the ground, has too much money." I waited a minute for the full effect to sink in and I realized how I often would pass pennies and other change on the ground because I wanted to "leave it there for someone who might need it." I definitely am not rich by any means, but  I have a heart for those less fortunate. So, I left it there for others to perhaps stumble on if they were in the right place at the right time looking at the same identical spot on the ground that I happened to see. I know, right? It just didn't make any sense. 


 After I pondered J C Penney's words a little longer, I made a promise to God that whatever money He put in my path I would pick up and add to our ministry fund instead of leaving it to chance that those in need got it. At first, I picked up a few pennies here and there and then my findings began to grow. The next prayer meeting we had downtown I invited the whole ministry team to join with me and I challenged them to an experiment, "Let's see how much we can change things in our city with others' unwanted change. 


Now, I am challenging you! Pay attention for any change you previously may not have noticed and place it somewhere on purpose. Intentionally place it in a mustard seed yellow "Change 4 Change" can or somewhere else where you know it will make a difference. Sow your seeds of faith into that can and let it grow mountains of change into the world around you. Help us fight  the battle and remove poverty and lack from our country.




Sincerely, 
Jessica Clark-McDowell
President - Founder of AID